AirBench for Stone Dust Extraction
The risks from Respirable Crystalline Silica (RCS) are well documented and understood. Stone masons are exposed to very high levels of these dusts for extended periods of their working day, potentially leading to pneumoconiosis and silicosis in later life. There is extensive information available form the Health and Safety Executive regarding assessment and management of these risks, but there are still many owner-operated businesses in this industry where the risks are not being fully addressed – leading to the current HSE focus on inspecting stone-masonry workshops. Stone masons are particularly at risk because of the large volumes of dust generated during normal stone processing. We offer solutions for lower and higher volumes of stone dust; in particular our new RP model with self-cleaning filters is ideal for this industry.
- For lighter duty applications, consider our FP type with ‘A’ type filters – a single stage filter system that is easily cleaned and is ideal for reduction of dust levels to improve the effectiveness of PPE.
- For larger dust volumes, consider our RP type – this unit comes complete with an automated filter cleaning system which removes maintenance tasks from the operator.
Why AirBench for the Stone Industry?
- HEALTH RISKS Risks from RCS are well known and documented.
- PROTECTING PEOPLE In the smaller stone workshop, owner operators are the key personnel; but sometimes the most likely to ignore risks to their health.
- DOWNDRAUGHT EXTRACTION WORKS Downdraught extraction using an AirBench provides a simple, effective way of protecting your lungs (and others in your building).
- HAPPY CUSTOMERS We can provide references from a range of happy customers in the stone industry.
- NEW SELF-CLEANING BENCH – AIRBENCH RP Our new RP model offers an effective solution to the large dust volumes generated by stonemasonry.
VertEx CrossDraught Systems
SOME OF OUR SATISFIED CUSTOMERS