AirBench for Tool Hire Dust Extraction
In the hire business, dust control is well understood, at least for clients. However, protection of employees against dust from returned tools is another matter. A huge number of hire businesses receive tools back from clients and then use an airline to blow them clean – without knowing or identifying the dust contained within the unit. Often the process takes place outside, to avoid dust contaminating the workshop. This is all bad practice – in particular, for cases when the tool may be contaminated with silica or asbestos dusts. We recommend the use of AirBench FN with ‘F’ filters in most cases; for higher volume applications we recommend AirBench RP, the downdraught bench with self-cleaning filters. In both cases, a full enclosure allows operators to continue using an air supply (reduced pressure airline or canned air) and brushes to remove excess dust quickly and effectively, while protecting the operator.
- For cleaning of off-hire tools, we recommend the use of our FN range; this can be supplied with two-stage ‘F’ type filters, or – for potentially hazardous dusts – our ‘L’ type HEPA filters.
- HEALTH RISKS We do not know what dusts are present in off-hire tools.
- PROTECTING PEOPLE People are the biggest asset of the busy hire shop; but often are not protected from dangerous dusts generated during cleaning operations.
- DOWNDRAUGHT EXTRACTION WORKS Downdraught extraction using an AirBench provides a simple, effective way of protecting your lungs (and others in your building).
- HAPPY CUSTOMERS We can provide references from a range of happy customers in the tool hire industry.
- HAE MEMBERS AirBench Ltd are supplier members of the Hire Association, and are involved in the dust extraction steering group.
VertEx CrossDraught Systems
SOME OF OUR SATISFIED CUSTOMERS