AIRBENCHWELDING AND GRINDING EXTRACTION SYSTEM
Welding and grinding produce hazardous dust and fumes, but also produce hot material in the form of sparks. Adequate filtration must also be supported by effective spark protection systems to avoid damage to the final filter. Following the recent identification of weld fume as a human carcinogen, we recommend high grade H13 final filters for welding operations.
Why is a Dust and Fume Extraction System Important?
Exposure to welding fume and grinding dust can cause a range of health issues, ranging from metal fume fever through to more serious respiratory conditions.
- PROTECT YOUR PEOPLE
- Weld fume is a human carcinogen and employees must be provided with adequate protection.
- Traditional extraction methods, such as arms, do not collect fume from a wide area – this is why we see the cloud of fume present in most welding shops at or above head height.
- PROTECT YOUR PRODUCTS
- Build-up of dust and welding debris in a workshop doesn’t just lead to an unsafe environment – it can contaminate stock and lead to rework.
- HELP YOU SAVE MONEY
- Self-contained extraction systems don’t just save money by avoiding the need for make-up air.
- They also allow operators to work more effectively by removing the need to adjust extraction.
Welding and Grinding Extraction Downdraught Benches
Sanding and FettlingExtraction Benches
Weld FumeExtraction Cross-Draught Systems
K – Dust and Heavy Sparks Our models with category ‘K’ filters are designed for grinding dust extraction and similar ferrous applications producing heavy sparks. It uses a two-stage spark filter, and a protected main filter. Example applications include Grinding, Sanding, Fettling, Plasma – generally on ferrous materials.
P – Smoke and Sparks Our category ‘P’ filters include a final H13 HEPA for welding fume extraction and similar ferrous applications producing heavy sparks, but lower levels of debris – where protection from high hazard materials is required. It uses a two-stage spark filter, and a protected fine main filter. ‘P’ type units are typically for weld fume.
D – Smoke and Sparks All models with our category ‘D’ filters are suitable for extraction of smoke with some sparks such as brazing, and similar ferrous applications – but lower levels of debris. It uses a two-stage spark filter, and a protected fine main filter.
SEND US AN EMAIL
SOME OF OUR SATISFIED CUSTOMERS