SOLUTIONSFOR COMPOSITE DUST EXTRACTION
AirBench for Composite Dust Extraction
Dust control in the composites industry tends, for us, to fall into two categories. GRP and similar bulk manufacture produces large volumes of dust, while CFRP work tends to be more precise and produces only trimming/finishing dusts
In either case, operators are more effective where PPE is less intrusive. In almost every case, AirBench can reduce or remove the requirement for PPE.
- For CFRP, we recommend our FN type with our two-stage ‘F’ type filters; these provide a very high level of protection against fine carbon fibre dusts, while retaining low overall filter costs. Also consider our FPK type for seated work.
- For GRP, we recommend either our FN type with single stage ‘A’ type filters.
- For larger parts, consider either VertEx or VertEx Booth, with our ‘F’ type filters, to provide large fully extracted areas.
Why AirBench for the Composites Industry?
- HEALTH RISKS
- Both GRP and CFRP dusts are harmful and can be produced at respirable particle sizes
- PROTECTING PEOPLE
- In highly manual operations such as the finishing of composite parts it is essential to protect the workforce from dust inhalation, to improve employee welfare and in reduce sickness.
- DOWNDRAUGHT EXTRACTION WORKS
- For small to medium composite parts, AirBench is an ideal solution; the operator is protected while not having to adjust extraction equipment regularly, and the PPE requirement can potentially be reduced.
- VERTEX FOR LARGER PARTS
- For larger parts, for example aerospace components, VertEx provides a quick and effective solution, enabling the construction of large booth environments with minimal installation.
- INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE
- We can provide references from a range of happy customers in the composites industry. We supply to every UK based F1 team.
Downdraught Benchesfor Dust and Fume Extraction
VertEx CrossDraught Systems for Larger Parts
SOME OF OUR SATISFIED CUSTOMERS